[Support request] High Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS) on Mobile – Is the menu at fault?

Home Forums Support [Support request] High Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS) on Mobile – Is the menu at fault?

Home Forums Support High Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS) on Mobile – Is the menu at fault?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    surfing

Hello,

I’m having an issue with the Cumulative Layout Shift metric in Google PageSpeed Insights. On desktop the score is .027 which is great. However, on mobile it’s .369. I have noticed that on mobile when I click Menu the entire page shifts down as the menu items are displayed. Can this be the cause of the relatively high CLS score on mobile? If yes, how do I fix it? Is there anything else on mobile that might be causing the high CLS?

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you share a link to your site so i can take a look at what the issue is.

surfing

I made the following change which didn’t seem to help the CLS score.
    Layout > Sticky Navigation > Sticky Navigation = “Mobile only” WAS set to “Off”

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I believe the issue is that your logo and menu toggle are too close together.

What happens if you decrease the font size of the toggle or decrease the width of the logo?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.