[Resolved] Hiding Page Title on Homepage

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Hiding Page Title on Homepage

Home Forums Support Hiding Page Title on Homepage

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Megan

Hi there,

Thanks for the great theme – I love it! There is one particular issue though I’m hoping you can help me with.

So I have set one of my pages as the homepage. The problem is that I don’t want the page title to appear – I have my own text within the page that I prefer the look of. Is there a way I can hide the page title from appearing on the homepage?

Right now I just have left the title of the page blank, but I feel like that’s probably not very good for SEO.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The easiest way is to use our Disable Elements addon – it allows you to toggle the page title on or off.

You can also use CSS if you like, as I demonstrated in this thread: http://www.generatepress.com/forums/topic/remove-post-titles/#post-30894

Let me know if that helps or not πŸ™‚

Megan

Thanks Tom – the CSS in that thread got rid of all my page titles across the website – I only want to hide the title on my homepage. Or rather, just one single specific page. Is that possible with CSS?

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can use this for the homepage:

.home .entry-header {
          display: none;
    }

For individual pages – each page is given a specific class in the <body> tag.

You’ll need to inspect the code and find that specific class, then replace .home (as shown above) with that class.

Megan

Thanks SO SO much Tom – you are the best!

rex wickham

Could you explain how the disable elements works?

I’d tried to hide the home title (on the home page) but everytime i click the “Headline / Post Title ” checkbox and click Publish/Update, it refreshes the page as unchecked.

It works ok on other pages on the site.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

When metaboxes won’t update like that, it’s usually because the page used to have a page template that no longer exists.

Go to the “Pages” area of your Dashboard and find this problem page.

Then click “Quick Edit”, and under “Template”, choose “Default Template”.

Save, and then enter the page to try again.

Let me know πŸ™‚

rex wickham

Thanks Tom – to the rescue once again!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

Surya

Hi,

I am just trying generatepress theme. In the header, I just want the logo to appear not the site title & description. However, I cannot remove the details from dashboard either as I need to retain the site title for the sake of SEO title.

Also, do you have the option for secondary menu at the bottom in the premium version of the theme?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You can go to “Customize > Site Identity” to remove the site title and tagline.

There’s no option for moving the menu to the bottom, but I may consider it in a future version.

However, this topic may help: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/secondary-menu-below-the-whole-page/

Let me know πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.