Celebrating 7 Years! Get up to $30 off GeneratePress Premium!

[Resolved] Hiding Category Archive Title

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Hiding Category Archive Title

Home Forums Support Hiding Category Archive Title

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Victor

Hey,

So I want to create a custom page hero for my category Archive pages with some dynamic content within the page hero. I then want to display category archive using WP-Show Posts. I want to know what all I need to have in place for all of this to work together.

1. I created the page hero block in elements, added an H1 and added dynamic content to pull the category description. I did this for one category on the website. I need to create it for all categories just like this right or am I doing something wrong? However, when I do this the H1 seems to appear twice. The one I added within my page hero and the native one displayed by WordPress. How do I get rid of the one displayed by WordPress.

2. Now if I were to add Tom’s PHP for displaying archives using WP show posts instead of native WordPress by creating pages without the category slug, would the page hero show up there? Or do I just create the page hero and set the location to that specific page under display rules and create page heroes for each specific page that will mimic the category archive? How do I display dynamic content for a page like the category description I talked about earlier if I were to go with this approach?

Thanks in advance.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if you’re going to use Static pages for your Category archives then you are best off just adding all the Content you require within the page Editor itself. Theres no point trying to pull meta data from a Category that the page is unassociated with.

Whats the need for using WP Show Post for the archive pages ? Or do you intend to manually add post content to the post ( which points to the above as the best way to go ).

Victor

I will be going with your suggestion, to just add the content to the new page and use WP Show posts to display the posts.

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.