[Resolved] Hide title from category

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Hide title from category

Home Forums Support Hide title from category

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Daniele

Hi, how can I hide the SEO title from a category?

Thank you,
    Daniele

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Daniele,

For reference, can you provide the link to the site in question?

You may use the Private Information field for this: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Daniele

I would like to hide the title at the top, the one above the image. In articles it is possible to do this, but this is one category.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

are you wanting to remove it just from that Category ? Or ALL categories ?

Daniele

Hi, only from that category πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can use this PHP Snippet to remove the title:

add_action('wp', function(){
        if ( is_category( 'your-category-slug' ); ) {
            remove_action( 'generate_after_archive_title', 'generate_do_archive_description' );
        }
    });

You need to update the your-category-slug in the code to match the slug you want it applied to.

If in the future you want to apply it to multiple categories then you can change

if ( is_category( 'your-category-slug' ); ) {

to:

is_category( array( 'your-category-slug', 'another-category-slug', 'and-another-category-slug' ) );

Daniele

Sorry, I don’t understand where you should put it. Can you explain it better?

Thank you.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Daniele,

The code David provided is PHP, you can use one of the methods introduced in below article to add PHP code:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

Daniele

Hi, I installed the code snippets plugin and tried adding the code, with my category slug. But it doesn’t work, because it tells me that the code contains a syntax error!

This is the code I entered, where I put my category slug:

add_action(‘wp’, function(){
    if ( is_category( ‘faq-spiritualita-esoterismo-crescita-personale’ ); ) {
    remove_action( ‘generate_after_archive_title’, ‘generate_do_archive_description’ );
    }
    });

Thanks

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Oh I can see the error, try to change it to:

add_action('wp', function(){
        if ( is_category( 'faq-spiritualita-esoterismo-crescita-personale' )) {
           remove_action( 'generate_after_archive_title', 'generate_do_archive_description' );
        }
    });
    Daniele

Hi, this is inserted without problems, but I had to remove it because it doesn’t do what it is supposed to do, as it deletes the image under the title, and not the title itself!

What I want to delete, is the title text above the image πŸ™‚ Is it possible to do this?

Thanks

Daniele

Also keep in mind, that that title is inserted by YOST SEO, and I don’t want to delete it, but just HIDE it.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you mean to hide not remove the title: Domande e Risposte su Dio, Spirito, IO ed Anima?

If so, you can simply use this CSS:

.category-faq-spiritualita-esoterismo-crescita-personale header.page-header {
        display: none;
    }
    Daniele

I had to remove this too, because in addition to the title, it removes all the page header! Ie also the image and description under the title .. I also tried replacing the word header with title, but it doesn’t work πŸ™

Thanks

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

I see, try this instead:

.category-faq-spiritualita-esoterismo-crescita-personale .page-header h1.page-title {
        display: none;
    }
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.