[Resolved] hide remove disable GeneratePress has an update available

Home Forums Support [Resolved] hide remove disable GeneratePress has an update available

Home Forums Support hide remove disable GeneratePress has an update available

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Webmaster

How do I get rid of the update notification? Once I click the “X” I don’t want to ever see this again. Also, I clear my browser cookies quite often…

impossible update nag

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I don’t recommend doing this but if you really must hide these dashboard update notice/s, try this PHP snippet:

// hide update notifications
    function remove_core_updates(){
    global $wp_version;return(object) array('last_checked'=> time(),'version_checked'=> $wp_version,);
    }
    add_filter('pre_site_transient_update_core','remove_core_updates'); //hide updates for WordPress itself
    add_filter('pre_site_transient_update_plugins','remove_core_updates'); //hide updates for all plugins
    add_filter('pre_site_transient_update_themes','remove_core_updates'); //hide updates for all themes
    Webmaster

Thank you wise man.

p.s. – why do you not recommend this? just because of update security patches?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

p.s. – why do you not recommend this? just because of update security patches?

That’s mostly it.

But for me personally, I find update notifications useful as reminders for me to check the changelog for any found bugs(and fixes).

aawebsite

The suggested solution above removes any update information.
    To remove only the update nag for GeneratePress, which is actually part of GP Premium, use the following code:

remove_action( 'admin_notices', 'generate_premium_theme_information' );

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.