[Resolved] Hide lines/ border when creating Tables

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Hide lines/ border when creating Tables

Home Forums Support Hide lines/ border when creating Tables

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sid

Hi

I’m sure this is somthing really simple but when im crating a table and want to hide the borders i select None in table properties i have even tried making them White which dosent work. Only a the bottom or somtimes the sides are removed.

What can I do for this to happen please. Ive been told it may be a setting on the theme itself..

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you share a link to a page where i can see the issue?

Sid

Hi David, unfortunatly i cant share a link as the page is still under construction on a subdomain.

But when im trying to create a table to put text in with bullet points and select table properties and put border to none when i preview the page live it still shows a grey outline..

The only way i can really explain it is via the following link but i have no idea amature at this game. sorry.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-get-rid-of-faint-border-lines/

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

We would really need to see the site in question to be able to provide some help.

Any chance you can duplicate the issue in a staging environment?

Sid

Hi Leo / David

Thank you for your help but ive managed to correct it. Turns out to be an with “TinyMCE Advanced”
    Im new to wordpress so still learning im now using elementor and wow its good..

I know its not related to this but how can I Edit the footer or header widgets with elementor to be able to add buttons custom text etc?
    Ive enabled them and can see them on the site but have no way doing anything with elementor..

Thank you πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m not familiar with Elementor but I believe you need something like header/footer template.

Please check with their support team if you need more info.

Sid

Hi sorry im not understanding, i already have generate press template. I can edit every part of the site but cant do anything to the footer widget apart from basic things.

Im using elementor for building the page how can i edit the footer?

thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The header and footer from the GP (or any themes) cannot be edited as normal page content with Elementor.

I believe you can create a template within Elementor and use a hook element to insert it:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-element-overview/

I would recommend checking with their support team if you need more info on how to create a header and footer to replace the default theme elements.

Sid

Hey Leo

Thanks for your help. Shame as the footer widget cant be editied as that would’ve made this theme 100% customisable..

Im sure ill be back with another question soon πŸ™‚
    Enjoy rest of your day and stay safe

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.