[Resolved] Hide hamburger menu on desktop + other related menu questions

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Hide hamburger menu on desktop + other related menu questions

Home Forums Support Hide hamburger menu on desktop + other related menu questions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Leanne

I’m trying to hide the hamburger menu on desktop.

On mobile, on the hamburger menu I need the submenu items to show on hover (can’t seem to find where to set that)
    And also, in an off panel widget I have some social media icons so they display over my header, which is great, but on mobile, they also show under the hamburger menu – i’d like to hide them under the hamburger menu on mobile while keeping them on still showing on the header

thank!

site: headlessgnomes.com

Leanne

Have gotten the second issue sorted: submenu items showing on click, hover wasn’t working on mobile.

Other two still outstanding πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

as you used the Volume Site removing the hamburger on desktop require some CSS:

@media (min-width: 769px) {
        #generate-slideout-menu {
            display: none;
        }
    }

You can remove the social icons from the Customizer > Widgets > Off Canvas panel

Leanne

Thanks, David!
    That worked for hiding hamburger on desktop πŸ™‚

I do still want the social media widget on the header, so I’m not sure if I can remove it only from under the hambuger menu on mobile. It may not be possible, but I’m hopeful there may be a solution.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Go to Customizer > Widgets > Off Canvas Panel and remove the Lightweight Social Icons widget from there. This should not remove the one you have in your header element.

Leanne

Thanks, David! That did the trick πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.