[Support request] Hide category widget for all posts.

Home Forums Support [Support request] Hide category widget for all posts.

Home Forums Support Hide category widget for all posts.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Santa

Hi! Could you please tell, if it is possible to hide categories widget for all posts?
    Is it as well possible to add custom sidebar widget with different text for each post? IF yes, how to achieve it?
    Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

did you find a solution to removing the category widget as i can’t see it on your single posts?

Santa

Hi! Just checked, it seems that they are showing only when on other language single posts. Can this be somehow removed?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

How are you removing the Widget on singles posts for the English version?

Santa

Hi David! Managed to remove categories widget also for the second language. Thank you for your time!

Is it possible to add a custom text widget for posts in the sidebar? For example, each post has different text in the sidebar widget. Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

How would you add this text to the post? Using a custom field?

Santa

Hi David! No idea actually, just thought maybe it is somehow possible. Like a sidebar widget just like the categories one in the blog page, but for posts with a a custom text. For example- post including wedding, on the sidebar- vendor list- flowers, cake etc. Thats the idea. What do you think, is this kind of sidebar widget possible? Thank you for your time!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So this topic the user wanted to display a Book cover in there sidebar, it uses a Custom Field in the WP Editor to add the image, and then uses a Shortcode added to the sidebar to display that image. It could be tailored to output other content such as some text:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/customize-sidebar-based-on-post/

Take a look to see how it works and if need be we can help change the code to suit your needs.

Santa

Hello David! Thank you for your time! That is just what I was looking for, but without the image, instead I would like a list, for example,

Vendor 1: anchor text with link
    Vendor 2: …
    Vendor 3: …

What would be the right PHP snippet to achieve this?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You could …. but the editing experience would a bit of a pain especially if you’re going to be creating a lot of posts with custom fields.

I would suggest you look at Advanced Custom Fields:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/

Santa

Hi David! ACF looks great and I guess is what I needed! Could you please tell what is the right way to add the custom post group to post sidebar?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

there a little more complicated and you will need to visit and read the ACF documentation but i found this article that provides the PHP to create a shortcode to display all items in a group:

https://slickmedia.co.uk/blog/acf-show-all-fields-in-group/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.