[Resolved] Hidden Custom Fields

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Hidden Custom Fields

Home Forums Support Hidden Custom Fields

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chelsea

Aloha!

I’m adding hidden fields to my site that uses Generate Press Premium and Beaver Builder Plugin page builder.

Do you have a recommendation for a plugin to add hidden custom fields that is compatible with theme. I have the free version of Advanced Custom Fields installed and using for other custom fields / post types (and actually also wrote the developers…waiting to hear back) but would love your input.

Basically, we need to add backend “hidden” values to the WordPress websites so the mobile app (in development) API can find the specific content it needs it in order to bring content into the app from the various sources. Ideally making these back-end only flag fields so that the mobile API can pick up articles on two WordPress websites.

Love to hear your thoughts / suggestions for creating these.

All the best!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’m not exactly sure about the rest of the team but I usually find ACF enough for most things. And It should be hidden unless you’ve written it in a way that it’s hooked to display on the front end, else it’s values stay “hidden” on the backend. 🙂

As for the exact purpose you’re looking for, you may need ACF – Rest API.

Chelsea

Aloha Elvin,

Thank you for your input! Appreciate it – I’m in contact with ACF support and think that’s the way I will go.

Appreciate your assistance!

All the best!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thank you for your input! Appreciate it – I’m in contact with ACF support and think that’s the way I will go.

Make sure to ask them about APIs as you’ll need that to GET or SET the field to and from the app.

No problem. 🙂

Chelsea

Thank you! Will do!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Goodluck. NP. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.