[Resolved] Hero title doesn't resize

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Hero title doesn't resize

Home Forums Support Hero title doesn't resize

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Michael

I have implemented the hero element for the headers on my site, but when the screen is resized, the titles stay the same size and overwrite the content below them. How can I fix this ?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you guide me to the page hero in question?

I don’t see one on the home page.

Thanks!

Michael
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

edit the Header Element – beside the Padding option, switch to Mobile, and increase the Top and Bottom padding to compensate for the height difference.

Michael

That helps a little, but the site header although set to merge on desktop only is still merging on smaller screen sizes. Mind you this is just me resizing the browser window, not checked it on a mobile view. If the site header text and tagline weren’t showing the page title would appear correctly on mobile view.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you please do this first while we are debugging?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/O3NDJ5fyH0N

I’m also not quite sure why a merged layout is needed here as you are using a solid color for the menu items from mega menu?

Michael

I’ve done it so I can get the site title and tagline plus the post title in the header area. Works well on desktop, really like the layout. Maybe I just need to make sure font sizes are percentages instead of fixed px heights?

But yes, merge on desktop only is selected.

I’ll take a look at the screencast

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you are sure that merge on desktop only is selected for that header element, then I’d assume it’s a caching issue.

Please clear and disable that so we can take a closer look.

Thanks.

Michael

It does the same when I’m logged in as an admin (no caching for admin user), does that rule out caching as a cause? After further testing, this morning, it does work, but only below a certain size, ie the site title remains when the browser window is shrunk, but below a certain size there is no merge.

From looks alone, it looks like the merge is kept for desktop and tablet, and removed for mobile phone size. I’d like it removed for tablet too.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

does that rule out caching as a cause?

We asked to disable caching so we can actually view the source of the codes better.

Can you please do that?

Thanks!

Michael

I’ll work it out myself, don’t like your response.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good.

Let me know if you need another look.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.