[Support request] Hero Header does not work on posts, only on pages – Why?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Hero Header does not work on posts, only on pages – Why?

Home Forums Support Hero Header does not work on posts, only on pages – Why?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sascha

Hello,

please, allow me to handle this request here, since I use both GPP & GBP and would like to keep all my support tickets here.

Using the free versions GP & GB for testing purposes, I have created a page with a container as a hero-header here, with a negative margin (-60px), so it merges nicely with the nav-bar/header.

Then I have copied the page-content and pasted into a post, but the container does not merge with the nav-bar/header with the same negative margin. Why?

Thank you in advance and kind regards,
    Sasch

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Have you considered using a header element?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/transparent-header-and-navigation/

It’s meant for creating a layout like this.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Sascha

Hey, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I know how to apply this layout via GP-Elements. But I have created this site for demonstrating layouts which can be created using the free version of GP & GB.

Currently, I want to demonstrate full-width hero-headers, custom footer, Accordion Tabs, Toggle Switch and more to come as blog-posts.

I want to showcase what’s possible with the free version and compare to how much easier things will become after upgrading to the Pro-Versions of GP & GB.

I will link to the Pro-version on this other site, and upsell these visitors for you ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sascha

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

did you make it work ? As the link you provided i see the merged header

Sascha

Hey David,

well, I have added a margin-top of -130px to the container to make it work.

I wonder why the same container requires only -60px on a normal page, but -130px on a post.

Can you enlighten me?

Sascha

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The single post has the entry-header which includes the title and post meta.
    Which comes before your GB Container Block.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.