[Resolved] Help with some customization

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Help with some customization

Home Forums Support Help with some customization

• This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by David.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    William

Hi there, I need some help customizing Dispatch theme

1. Is it possible to create borders around the dispatch page hero so each of the 4 posts featured has borders of its own? Or like how to separate them, so they don’t look compact together

2. For a post under the theme, the feature image seems to be full width. Is it possible to change it so it’s only the size of the content similar to the marketer theme as opposing to stretching it all the way out to the side widgets?

3. Lastly, how can I add a vertical divider line between my content and side widgets in the post? I’ve seen others asking, but they want a solid line. I want the same line used in the dispatch homepage. It’s lightish in color. Something similar to this site

Thank You

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. This should help:

.page-hero.wpsp-grid .wp-show-posts {
        grid-gap: 20px;
    }

2. Have you tried playing with the featured image options?: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adjusting-the-featured-images/

3. Try this:

@media (min-width: 769px) {
        .inside-right-sidebar {
            border-left: 0.5px solid #d4d7d8;
            padding-left: 30px;
        }
    }
    William

Hi Tom, was able to get the vertical divider.

For the page hero, It did separate, however the 2 right bottom post is not separating from the secondary navigation bar. Is there a way to fix this? Can you also include CSS on how I can add colors to the border as well.

As for the feature image, I did go to customizer>layout>blog and try to change the alignment and location for archives, posts, and pages but nothing seems to change.

Thank You

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can link me to your site? I should be able to provide the last little bit of CSS if I’m able to see it.

For the featured images, are we talking about the standard theme archives (not WPSP)?

William

Hi Tom, I linked my site privately in the support forum.

For the feature image, Yes the standard theme archives. I didn’t touch the WPSP. It’s the feature image in a blog post.

Thank You

William

Also, there’s this one other thing I need help with. So on the homepage, you know how in the dispatch theme there’s the page hero with 4 posts and after that, there’s the wpsp Standard, Align, and Simple respectively. So what I want to do is to get rid of the align wpsp (A Category) and Simple wpsp (More articles) and only have the wpsp standard. However I want the hover pop up feature of the image. I know the Simple wpsp has the pop-up, but when I add excerpt its within the image itself, not like the Standard wpsp where the excerpt is separated.

Is it possible to achieve this? Sorry if this is kind of confusing.

Basically I want to achieve something similar to the homepage of this site, but with the excerpt and pop up hover image.

Thanks once again!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

For the spacing, try this:

.page-hero.wpsp-grid .wp-show-posts {
        grid-gap: 35px;
        background: #DDD;
        border: 35px solid #ddd;
    }

.page-hero.wpsp-grid article:first-child .wp-show-posts-image a img {
        height: 570px;
    }

.page-hero.wpsp-grid article:not(:first-child) .wp-show-posts-image a img {
        height: 265px;
    }

I’m not sure I understand the second question – can you explain a bit more?

William

Hi Tom, Thank You! Was able to fix the page hero.

As for the second question I was able to figure it out 🙂

How about the feature image? How can I change the width so it’s similar to the marketer theme where it doesn’t extend all the way to the side widgets in a post.

Thank You!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Dispatch site use a Header Element, to move it inside the content you need to add the PHP Snippet provided here:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_page_hero_location/

Adding PHP:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

William

Hi David,

Thank You was able to change it!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.