[Resolved] Help with post thumbnail max width/height on archive pages in GP 1.5

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Help with post thumbnail max width/height on archive pages in GP 1.5

Home Forums Support Help with post thumbnail max width/height on archive pages in GP 1.5

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dale

Prior to GP 1.5, I was using the CSS

.post-image img {
        max-width: 300px;
    }

.post-image img {
        max-height: 200px;
        width: auto;
    }

to set the size of my thumbnails on archives pages. The update has overridden the CSS so it no longer works. The problem is I can’t use the customizer to set these values, as the customizer interprets the numbers as exact height and width rather than maximums. So it crops my featured images instead of resizing them, though what I want is to resize.

Is there new CSS I can use?

dale

Adding another comment because I’m not sure I hit “Notify me of follow-up replies via email.”

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m actually not seeing any CSS added anywhere. Can you make sure it exists in “Appearance > Simple CSS”?

dale

I removed it because it wasn’t working.

dale

I just added it back to Simple CSS so you can see it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m seeing the CSS applied, but I’m also seeing the images have been resized using the resizer?

dale

Sorry, yes. That’s because after I updated to 1.5, the thumbnails were all enormous. So I figured the only solution was to resize in the customizer.

But I did that in 1.5. Maybe it got fixed in 1.5.1? Because now removing the parameters and including the CSS has it back to the way I wanted it all along …

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, 1.5.1 would have changed that.

So it’s all working correctly now? ๐Ÿ™‚

dale

Yes, it’s working now.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Great ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.