[Support request] Help with Optimizing Site Speed.

Home Forums Support Help with Optimizing Site Speed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Victor

With the Core Web Vitals setting in soon, I thought it was the right time to get my site to load as fast as possible. I ran a test on pingdom and its averaging more than 2 seconds. I was wondering if I could implement some site wide changes on GP to get my site to load faster by reducing requests.

Current stats:
    Time: 2.15 seconds
    Requests: 37
    Page size (Homepage): 1.8 MB

Victor

I want to add that I have optimised with a caching plugin (W3 Total Cache) and Autoptimize for everything else.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i am having difficulty reaching your site – your server times out with a 522 hosting error.
    Can you check and let me know.

Victor

I’m very sorry about that. It is loading for me. Can you check now and let me know?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I just ran a GT Metrix on the sites home page. It’s only making 19 requests and is under 400kb in size. And the latest single post is only 20 requests and 500kb.

The one thing GP would be to change Customizer > General > Icons to SVG – that will shave off another request. And i would probably reduce the number of posts on the home page. This will again reduce the number of requests for images

Victor

Thank you for this. It is crazy how the stats are so different on GTMetrix and Pingdom. Anyway you think I need a hosting change to get into the 90s?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Better hosting with built-in caching will always help with page speed. One other thing I can see that you can do is locally host your Google fonts: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-local-fonts/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.