[Resolved] Help with multi lingual site (WPML)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Help with multi lingual site (WPML)

Home Forums Support Help with multi lingual site (WPML)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mohammed

Hi,

thanks for GP and GB.

I’m having few issues with the multi lingual side.

The stylings in the header are not being applied, the footer (a block element) is not being hooked apparently in the other language.

This was reported to me by the translators, so i don’t know the details, as i don’t use WPML.

Please see check the two language version in the private link.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Mohammed,

WPML creates a “duplicate” for the translated page. This means the translated pages are technically, it’s own separate page.

You can actually see this when you inspect the page. The English page is technically page-id-2 and the Finnish page is page-id-2704.

That means, you’ll have to add these “duplicate” translated pages to the Block Element’s display rule so it gets properly hooked to them as well.

If the Finnish home page doesn’t appear on the dropdown for the display rule location, you may have to create a Block element specifically for Finnish translation as if I remember it right, WPML toggles the Block Element as well for indication of which language it appears on.

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Mohammed

Hi Elvin,

Thanks for your response,

the location rule is set to “entire site”. I added “page” – “all pages” and it’s still not being hooked.

How about the first issue ” The stylings in the header are not being applied”

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

How about the first issue ” The stylings in the header are not being applied”

That’s because the styling was menu ID specific rather than a common class between the menu items.

This particular CSS:

.menu-item-2141 {border-left:solid 1px #C9C9C9; border-right: solid 1px #C9C9C9}

.menu-item-2142 {border-right: solid 1px #C9C9C9}

.menu-item-2143 {border-right: solid 1px #C9C9C9}

.menu-item-2144 {border-right: solid 1px #C9C9C9}

Should be simplified to this:

li.menu-item {
    border-left:solid 1px #C9C9C9;
    }

li.menu-item:last-child {
    border-right: solid 1px #C9C9C9
    }

Going back to the hooked elements:

You may have to try create a duplicate Block and toggle its language to Finnish and then set its display rule so it applies to the Finnish equivalent of the pages. I believe the Block elements have flag toggles and you may have to use this for the block elements like you do when you make a translation of a normal page.

A wise man once said:

Mohammed

Ah yes, i see for the header styling issue. Thank you very much for the explanation.

For the hook issue, i just get now how it is done. You have to toggle the language and then set the block elements.

It was apparently not well set by the one’s who is working on the translation, setting the wrong hook.

Thank you very much, all issues are resolved now.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. Glad you got it sorted. 😀

A wise man once said:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.