[Support request] Help with creating header/navigation

Home Forums Support [Support request] Help with creating header/navigation

Home Forums Support Help with creating header/navigation

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you using any caches ? As i am not seeing a change to the site ?

Saša

Sorry for some reason my internet was down. Now all changes are saved. 🙂 what is next?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am seeing this?

2022-01-13_14-49-14

Saša

In wordpress I see it normaly but live site is just like yours. Im going crazy because im not sure why is this happening. 🙁

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you have any caches enabled ? Something like the SG Optimizer plugin installed ?

Saša

I have WP Show Posts, SVG Support, GP Premium and GenerateBlocks and those are all my plugins. :/ i have child theme installed but dont think that it would be a problem.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you provide me with a temporary Administrator login so i can see whats going on?
    You can share that information in the Private Information field.

Saša

Here you go.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok at some point you need to speak with your host – theres either some server level Page Caching or CDN being used, its fine whilst i am logged in. So we can work from there:

First go to Appearance > Menus and edit the primary menu and delete the Menu items that ARE NOT in the blue header.
    Then create another Menu for your Links in the white top bar and set its Location to Secondary Navigation.

Make those changes first and then we can continue

Saša

Its done. How can we now put those icons more together (they are to wide). Also when we click on any menu ( for example: Vijesti) site looks normal.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Next add this CSS:

@media(min-width: 769px) {
        .site-branding-container {
            margin: 10px 0;  
        }
        .main-navigation {
            flex: 0 1 580px;
            border-left: 1px solid;
            border-right: 1px solid;
            border-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.25);
        }
        .main-navigation .main-nav {
            flex: 1;
            border-top: 1px solid rgba(255,255,255,0.25);
        }
        .main-navigation .main-nav > ul > li {
            flex: 1 0 20%;
        }
    }

Not the border colors i set ie. rgba(255,255,255,0.25); both instances needs to be changed to what border color you require.

Saša

It is starting to get in the shape 🙂 Just few things left to do. Can you help me with this? Check this LINK

Saša

Also I need to set tablet version to look the same as mobile. And on mobile version i will need to combine those 2 menues in one. How can we do that?

P.S. I have fixed site it has dynamic cache. Now live site is good 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

DESKTOP STUFF

1. Move site branding by 30px:
    Customizer > Layout > Header and add 30px left padding. Don’t adjust the top or bottom padding.

2. Secondary Navigation height:
    Customizer > Layout > Secondary Nav and increase the Menu Item Height.

3. Primary Navigation height:
    Customizer > Layout > Primary Nav and increase the Menu Item Height.

4. Block element logos – edit the element, each column is its own Container Block. You can select each one and:
    a. Set the Alignment to center
    b. Add some padding to increase there height.

TABLET AND MOBILE:

1. Customizer > Layout > Primary Navigation. Change the Mobile Menu breakpoint to a higher value eg 1024px.
    2. Customizer > Layout > Off Canvas Panel. Enable this for Mobile
    3. Appearance > Menus – create a 3rd menu for all the items you need on mobile and set its location to: Off Canvas Panel

Saša

David, just few little things are left to create. I need to remove second hamburger menu on mobile and create hover effect like in the desktop second-nav bar those color overlay on button when I hover over menu items ( vijesti etc). and on mobile can i lower down main logo a bit. Like in the link: LINK

David, i wish i could order you beer somehow to your office (and i mean it), today you helped me a lot! I am not confident that i have made right choice to choose generatepress! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.