[Support request] Help … SOOOO Many Thumbnails Being Generated

Home Forums Support [Support request] Help … SOOOO Many Thumbnails Being Generated

Home Forums Support Help … SOOOO Many Thumbnails Being Generated

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Patrick

Exactly how many thumbnails does generatepress need to generate to be responsive? For each image I upload, 11 additional thumbnails are being created. Are the 3 standard Large, Medium, and Thumbnail sizes sufficient? Also, how can I figure out what is generating the thumbnails I don’t need and how to turn it off.

List of Thumbnails

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

These are the registered image sizes from GeneratePress. It’s WordPress’ default.

thumbnail: 150×150 pixels (cropped to fit)
    medium: 300×300 pixels (proportionally resized to fit inside dimensions)
    medium_large: 768×0 pixels (proportionally resized to fit inside dimensions)
    large: 1024×1024 pixels (proportionally resized to fit inside dimensions)
    1536x1536: 1536×1536 pixels (proportionally resized to fit inside dimensions)
    2048x2048: 2048×2048 pixels (proportionally resized to fit inside dimensions)

If you have other plugins like WooCommerce, these plugins register their own image sizes to generate image files for its shop and product image pages which are normally these ones:

woocommerce_thumbnail: 300×300 pixels (cropped to fit)
    woocommerce_single: 600×0 pixels (proportionally resized to fit inside dimensions)
    woocommerce_gallery_thumbnail: 100×100 pixels (cropped to fit)
    shop_catalog: 300×300 pixels (cropped to fit)
    shop_single: 600×0 pixels (proportionally resized to fit inside dimensions)
    shop_thumbnail: 100×100 pixels (cropped to fit)

You can see all the registered thumbnails by installing Regenerate Thumbnails plugin. Once installed and activated, go to Dashboard > Tools > Regenerate Thumbnails.

You should see a list of something like this:
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/X6u0mK5Z

As for removing them, check my answer here:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/why-wordpress-is-generating-additional-image-copies/#post-1453270

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.