[Resolved] Help … Excerpts Disappeared Completely From One Site

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Help … Excerpts Disappeared Completely From One Site

Home Forums Support Help … Excerpts Disappeared Completely From One Site

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Patrick

Settings > Reading > Each Post In A Feed = Summary
    Layout > Blog = Excerpt
    Post Format = Standard
    Excerpt boxes are empty.

Changing word count to 1, 10, or 100 has no affect. I either get full text on the Home Page or nothing.

Caches are cleared and purged.

Electric.guide

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

You can try checking for empty excerpt field or spaced within your post. Read more here:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/excerpt-issues/#excerpt-not-showing

Patrick

Hi Elvin … yes, as noted above, all excerpt fields are completely empty. This happened all at once … everything was fine, then POOF!

I read that article and went through all of the relevant forum posts first. I’m stumped!

Patrick

Here is something interesting … if I fill in the excerpt field with text, still nothing shows up on the homepage.

Patrick

Found it! Deactivating plugins one at a time … it’s social warfare pro. Figuring it out now … will post back.

Patrick

Latest version of Social Warfare Pro:

Settings > Advanced > Full Content vs. Excerpts = Full Content? ON

For some reason, with the latest version you have to flip the toggle on. That’s weird because all of my other sites are using the previous version with the toggle switched off (default) and are showing excerpts without issue.

FYI 😉

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Found it! Deactivating plugins one at a time … it’s social warfare pro. Figuring it out now … will post back.

Good find! Yeah that’s the way to do things normally. We deactivate all plugins excerpt GP Premium and check one by one to determine the conflict plugin.

Social Warfare Pro may be filtering how the_excerpt() displays and it conflicts with the theme’s default.

Thanks for sharing! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.