[Support request] Headers indent with custom background color in WP 5.6

Home Forums Support [Support request] Headers indent with custom background color in WP 5.6

Home Forums Support Headers indent with custom background color in WP 5.6

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jason

Hi there,

Something small, but I was hoping you might be able to help.

I upgraded to WP 5.6 yesterday, and now all of the headers that have a custom color for the background are indented. Is there a way to override that from happening? (Link provided in private info)

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you disable the caching plugin so I can take a closer look at where the code is coming from?

Jason

Sorry about that. Disabled now

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m still seeing the caching plugin activated but going to guess that the CSS is coming from WordPress so you can try this code to overwrite it:

h1.has-background, h2.has-background, h3.has-background, h4.has-background, h5.has-background, h6.has-background {
        padding: 0;
    }

Another option is to use the headline blocks from GenerateBlocks so you will have complete control over everything:
    https://docs.generateblocks.com/article/headline-overview/

Jason

Thanks, Leo. Sorry about the caching plug in; not sure what was causing that (had WP Rocket off).

The CSS fix worked to solve the problem!

And thanks for sharing about GenerateBlocks. I had actually never heard of that before just now. Does that just install as another plug in? Does that have any effects on speed or is it just as fast as when using GeneratePress without it?

Thanks again!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GB is super lightweight – the only code it adds to your site is the HTML and the very minimal CSS it requires to style those blocks. So if you don’t add a block it won’t add any code, and if you add a single block it literally only adds the CSS that block requires.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.