[Resolved] Header & top bar background semi transparent on scroll using sticky command

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Header & top bar background semi transparent on scroll using sticky command

Home Forums Support Header & top bar background semi transparent on scroll using sticky command

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

For privacy, can you please remove the above link and anything above that can be visualized externally.

All links redacted.

Thank you for your help it’s greatly appreciated.

No problem. 🙂

Dominique

Hi,

After troubleshooting the issue with cumulative layout shift since last night.

I removed the image from featured image and put it at the top. Reduced a bit.

Still, I was having a larger layout shift of 0.6 for class entry-content text. I modified inside my @font-face declaration font-display: block; for font-display: swap; Magically cumulative layout shift dropped to zero everywhere.

When I saw the “text” figured it was the heading font and by chance tried the modification. It used to be at “swap” a few months back & I modified it to “block” after reading an article from Google!

Hope this helps someone else.

Can you please remove the PageSpeed Insights link two or three posts above.

Thanks

Dominique

Hi,

Didn’t solve the issue. Only temporarily. I guess it was a cache thing.

It’s reported as <div class="entry-content" itemprop="text"> with a cumulative layout shift of 0,548 on desktop.

Any ideas?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

It’s reported as

with a cumulative layout shift of 0,548 on desktop.

This is a generic flag. It means one of it’s contents is causing the issue.

Didn’t solve the issue. Only temporarily. I guess it was a cache thing.

That’s actually one of the points of using caching and optimization plugins. To reduce the amount of time for things to load which in turn, solves some of the CLS issues.

Still, I was having a larger layout shift of 0.6 for class entry-content text. I modified inside my @font-face declaration font-display: block; for font-display: swap; Magically cumulative layout shift dropped to zero everywhere.

Ah that’s right. font-display: swap; solves FOUT or “Flash of Unstyled Text” which can also be a cause of CLS. https://css-tricks.com/fout-foit-foft/

That’s most likely what happens to your texts inside <div class="entry-content" itemprop="text">.

Dominique

Hi,

I’m opening another thread as the title doesn’t reflect the subject anymore.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m opening another thread as the title doesn’t reflect the subject anymore.

Yes indeed. Thank you.

If the original concern of the topic is resolved you can mark it as such.
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/resolving-topics/

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.