[Support request] Header template (created with Elementor) not showing

Home Forums Support [Support request] Header template (created with Elementor) not showing

Home Forums Support Header template (created with Elementor) not showing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Marcus

Hi,

I’m using the Zeal theme and have created a header template using Elementor, which I have published. However, it is not showing on the actual site and it’s still using the GP site header.
    Is there a way to deactivate the default GP header and use the one I’ve created with Elementor instead?

[UPDATE]
    I was able to get the Elementor Header integrated via a shortcode in GP Hooks, but how can I remove the default header from the Zeal theme?

Thanks,
    Marcus

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Marcus, you can disable the GP header from the WP Editor > Layout meta > Disable Elements or you can do this globally:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_header/

Marcus

Thanks David.

Sorry if I’m being a real simpleton here, but in which GP Hook section should I insert the code:

add_action( ‘after_setup_theme’,’tu_remove_header’ );
    function tu_remove_header() {
    remove_action( ‘generate_header’,’generate_construct_header’ );
    }

For your first approach, where is the WP Editor? I can’t find it nor the Layout Meta section…

Thank you again.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Marcus, not a problem you can add PHP various ways as described here. For simplicity i recommend the Code Snippets plugin option:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

See here regarding the disable elements:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/disable-elements-overview/

Marcus

Thanks David, very helpful!

One final question: Would you recommend to use the default Header from the GP theme or to use the Elementor Header template?

I find the latter more customisable, but am unsure if it will have any drawbacks since I’m using the Zeal theme from GP?

Thanks again!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Marcus,

hard not for me to be biased, but personally i always use the GP Header, it has schema markup, a great sticky navigation and the slide out navigation is really cool. Plus it’s easier to introduce new break points. You can also merge it with a GP Page Header. And there’s nothing stopping you adding elementor templates to that or any of the widget areas or hooks.
    If you need a hand styling the header and navigation in GP then we can provide assistance and CSS.

Marcus

Thanks David – appreciate your views on this. I will play with both and see how it goes!

Marcus

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.