[Support request] Header size mobile vs desktop

Home Forums Support [Support request] Header size mobile vs desktop

Home Forums Support Header size mobile vs desktop

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Samantha

The header padding on my customizer is set to 769 from the bottom, so that the header will show in full on a desktop. However, on mobile view it creates a huge white gap between the header and the first block of text. Is there a custom CSS code I can put in to tell the website to change the padding of the header on a mobile view?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Samantha,

you could try adding this CSS:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
        .inside-header {
            padding-bottom: 250px;
        }
    }

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

Samantha

Thanks for this it worked a treat!

Also, this isn’t really about web design, but my Google analytics shows my traffic, but it shows 0 for organic search. The website has been up for a week, and I have SEO’d the entire site with competitive words. Is it a case of being patient or is it something that needs fixing?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that worked.
    I am no SEO guru, but patience is definitely a virtue. You may want to look at some of the different SEO testers on the market to get a better insight to any problems. But a week is not a long time.

Samantha

Hi unfortunately that code only worked temporarily in my preview within customizer, but there is still the large white gap on mobile format, between the header and the sections.

At the moment I have the padding set to 768 px from the bottom for the website header.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Samantha, can you re-add the code, save, and then delete the Autoptimize cache

let me know

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.