[Resolved] Header per page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Header per page

Home Forums Support Header per page

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    KEvin

Hi,

I want a different header per page. I mean a header image on the right and text at the left of the header image. This ”extra header content per page” must be above the main content area and sidebars, but under the main navigation. Hard to explain (have a image made in paint, but can’t upload it here?)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Kevin,

If your navigation is below your header, and you want another header below the navigation, and want it different on every page, then our Page Header addon is what you’re looking for.

If you want the main header (where I have the GeneratePress logo above) to be different on each page, you’ll need to use the GP Hooks addon, and use PHP conditionals to target specific pages and show their respective headers.

Let me know if that makes sense – if you need to go the GP Hooks way, I can provide some code examples.

Thanks!

KEvin

Hi Tom,

I have the page header and it worked. BUT I want text and an image. Now I only have text.
    Can I add a slider shortcode in the page header? How do I have to do this, in the text area of the page header?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Absolutely – simply add the shortcode for your slider into the Content section of the Page Header.

Let me know if you have any problems with it πŸ™‚

KEvin

Hey Tom,

Actually I have one problem with it haha.

When I paste the shortcode into the page header (add on) content area, the slideshow shows up under the text. I want the slideshow on the right and the text on the left. I hope you understand me.
    Do you know the solution?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not sure what you mean.

The Page Header addon should insert whatever you put into it above the content of the page.

You want the slideshow on the right of the content text? Floating?

Let me know πŸ™‚

KEvin

Hey Tom,

The slider works in the page header but it appears under the text. And I want to show it on the right side of the text. So in the page header: text left, slideshow right.

I hope you understand me now?

KEvin

I made an image in paint to make it clear to you. This is what I want:

http://nl.tinypic.com/r/5499g8/8

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for the image – that helps a lot.

GeneratePress has a built in grid system which is super useful with stuff like this.

This should do what you’re looking for:

<div class="your-container-name grid-parent clearfix">
          <div class="grid-30">
                Your text in here.
          </div>
          <div class="grid-70">
                Your slider shortcode in here.
          </div>
    </div>

That should do it πŸ™‚

KEvin

Hey Tom!

THANKS MATE for all your help, very useful! It works and I am very happy with it!!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help! πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.