[Resolved] Header not showing full width

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Header not showing full width

Home Forums Support Header not showing full width

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Alan

http://rvacrossamerica.net

I set up my header (the jpg has a width of 990 px) using customizing –> background images –> header. It is set to “no repeat” and “contain”. I then went to layout –> header and set it to full, full, and center. As you can see (on a laptop) it only populates about 1/2 the screen and is locked to the left side. I’m actually ok with this – but then that leaves me with a white stripe to the right of the header… can I populate that with anything like a banner ad? OR how do I center the logo and get it to go full width – without being cut off at the bottom of the header?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I would actually suggest uploading it as a header/logo in Customize > Site Identity.

Anything with text should be a static image, as background images don’t respond great to mobile devices etc..

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Alan

Tom, when you go into site identity –> logo , and click ‘logo’ – it says suggested size 350×70. My banner is 990×100. Is this size simply not going to work in generatepress on my site? (rvacrossamerica.net)

Alan

Ok, I followed your directions, added the logo via site identity – logo; told it not to crop, in “customize” view it looks good; however on the page, it appears to have not updated and I did try to refresh the browser to insure its not a cached view i’m looking at. The header is still about 1/2 way across the page on a 13″ laptop and stuck on the left side.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you try clearing WP-Super cache?

Alan

I tried clearing (deleting) the cache in wp super cache, no change.

I’m also using “ctrl – F5” when I refresh pages in my browsers to see changes (if any) from the work I’m doing on my site.

Alan

don’t ask me how… but it fixed itself!!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.