[Resolved] Header menu

Home Forums Support Header menu

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Harvey

At https://avec33.fr/ I have a header menu. One choice is AVEC33. If you click on it, you arrive on a placeholder page that I had to create in order to have a title in the menu. Is there any way to tell GP that when you click on the choice AVEC33, you simply stay on the page where you are. Or must I fill in the placeholder page AVEC33 with buttons that link to the pages on its submenu?

That’s what I did for the header menu choice Références, but it seems silly. Surely there’s some way to bypass having pages that only contain buttons to go to other pages.

Harvey

GeneratePress 1.4
    GP Premium 1.5.2
    Harvey

Ooops! I created the page AVEC33 and modified the header menu on the production site. Not good!

So, let’s rephrase the question: How do I tell GP that if someone clicks on the header menu choice Références, the user stays on the page where he is, rather than going to a page I created just to point the user to one of the menu choices?

Harvey

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can add the item as a “Custom Link” in Appearance > Menus. Just set the URL as: #

Harvey

Unfortunately, that wasn’t clear enough for me.

On the page Appearance > Menus, I choose “Header menu (Primary Menu)” and Select it. I see the Menu Structure, which includes a rectangle Références, on which apppears the word Page and a down-arrow. When I click on the down-arrow, I see several attributs to fill in, none if which has anything to do with a URL.

Clearly, I’m missing something — where do I go to set the URL?.

Harvey

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Harvey

Got it!

Thanks so much,
    Harvey

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.