[Support request] Header Menu not showing

Home Forums Support [Support request] Header Menu not showing

Home Forums Support Header Menu not showing

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Moises

Hi guys,

I’m having an issue with the header menu not appearing on my posts page.

I’ve created a header with the plugin with Elementor Header & Footer Builder as i want to create an elementor header for the blogs/posts page. However, the navigation menu doesnt appear. Image below.

https://ibb.co/sQ4PwGR

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Moises,

Any chance you can set up a staging site? So we can check the page and figure out why it’s not displaying on your site.

Let us know. 😀

Moises

Hi Elvin,

I have set up the staging, however i now face another issue, the header appears on the blog post, but the layout of the blog is all weird.

https://staging3.dbc2.com.au/2021/07/29/some-fun-at-haunted-hills/

Any idea as to why this is happening?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

The link is password protected. Can you share the credentials?

You can use the private information text field to provide the details. Thanks. 😀

Moises

Hi Elvin,

All done 🙂

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks.

Do you have a Header Element set to “Merge” on Appearance > Elements? Can you try removing it and see if the header + content layout improves?

Moises

Hi Elvin,

That seems to have worked. The blog titles are now not showing, even though ‘content title’ is unchecked under ‘Disabled Elements’.

Is there a way to get the title to show?

*Nevermind, that’s sorted now :)*

Moises

There’s just one more thing i can’t quite figure out, is there a way to increase the spacing at the bottom and top of the blog content (eg. above content title)? https://staging3.dbc2.com.au/2021/07/29/rycos-summer-content-heats-up/

Thank you in advance.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

There’s just one more thing i can’t quite figure out, is there a way to increase the spacing at the bottom and top of the blog content (eg. above content title)? https://staging3.dbc2.com.au/2021/07/29/rycos-summer-content-heats-up/

Normally, you can add in more padding on Appearance > customize > Layout > Container.

But if you’re using a Layout element that sets the page to “full width (no padding), we’ll have to add it manually through custom CSS.

Try adding this on Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

div#content {
        padding: 30px 0;
    }

This adds padding to the top and bottom of the content.

Moises

Hi Elvin,

When I add that in, the homepage changes and a white bar appears on the top? I have left it on there just so you can have a look.

Kind Regards,

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

remove Elvins CSS.

And you have the Content Container set to Contained on your single posts – this removes the themes padding, as you will notice on small screens your post content is touching the sides of the screen. You need to set the Content Container to Default to preserve its padding.

Moises

Hi David,

I have updated this, however under layout > containter, the content padding still isn’t being recognized

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So i am a little confused…. ( doesn’t take much to do that lol ).

I see there is an Elementor Single Post template class in the body of the single post, and that the layout has been set to Full Width. Then there is an empty left and right sidebar on those posts, presumably there to narrow the content (?).

So questions are:

1. Is the Elementor single post template required?
    2. Are the sidebars on place just to contain the content or will they be filled with something later?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.