[Support request] Header (Logo + menu) not showing

Home Forums Support Header (Logo + menu) not showing

  • This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Leo.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1417818
    Dan

    Whatever I do, the header will not show up on the site:
    https://xrhealth.com.au/

    I don’t even see the code showing in the source.
    I have set up the logo, added the menu, but still nothing.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Dan

    #1417820
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

    Hi there,

    Looks like the entire header is removed somehow.

    Is this happening on every page?

    Any layout elements or custom functions?

    #1417824
    Dan

    no, I’ve removed everything, you can link to other pages with the footer.
    I don’t know if it’s related, but I’m getting an error with elementor when trying to add a header:
    Sorry, the content area was not found in your page.
    you must call ‘the_content’ function in the current template….

    Dan

    #1417850
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

    I wonder if it’s an Elementor issue – we’ve heard that 3.0 brought in a whole bunch of bugs.

    Can you try disabling it and see if the header re-appear?

    As for the content not found:
    https://docs.elementor.com/article/56-content-area-not-found

    #1418730
    Dan

    thanks, will keep on checking

    #1419171
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

    Let me know how it goes 🙂

    #1419441
    Simon

    Hi Leo,

    Just adding to this that Elementor has been tanking everything but I can confirm that it has been affecting the load of all my sites that use GeneratePress.

    For some reason, the easiest place to see it is using the Google Page Speed Insights tool is that there is a massive delay on the logo loading and then the rest of the header. It all loads but the delay is noticeable.

    Elementor has released 2 patches since dropping 3.0 yesterday so I imagine there is more to come but also, plugin developers have had to release patches. (It is NOT other developers fault though)

    The main issues seem to be around JSON, undefined JS and conflicts that cause the REST API to function correctly. Issues with the header have improved since the updates but they are still not back to pre-Elementor 3.0

    The theme builder in Elementor 3.0 now hooks into aspects of the WordPress Customiser as GeneratePress does but the integration is not working well on Elementors end as changes made in the Customiser and the Elementor theme builder are not always carried through, so I am assuming this is how Elementor is possibly messing with what GeneratePress does brilliantly within the Customiser.

    Kind regards,

    Simon

    #1419476
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

    Thanks for sharing!

    Elementor 3.0 definitely brought in a lot of issues so we’ve removed their sites from our library temporarily for now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.