[Resolved] header for archive and category page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] header for archive and category page

Home Forums Support header for archive and category page

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anders

Hi!
    I tried to add header to category pages and date archive pages. I followed your docs but it’s from 2017.
    “Adding Page Headers to Taxonomies”. I think I figured it out anyway but something is missing because there is no change. I want a full width light yellow color header background in the same way as my pages.

instead a new error appeared. When I visit either a category page or a date archive page the footer widget number 4 has changed position vertically.

How to fix these things? See links below

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The article you’ve checked is likely too old.

Can you try using a header element instead? Here is all the relevant info:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-hero-examples/
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/how-to-create-a-page-hero/

The display rules you need would be: Post Category Archives.

Let me know if this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Anders

I followed the guides but it doesn’t work. I can not see the light yellow background.

And the widget 4 is still in the wrong position.

See screenshots and links below. It’s in Swedish but for the “rules” I chose:
    post category archive
    date archive

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the 4th footer widget misalignment is because of this CSS that is in the Customizer > Additional CSS:

.archive .widget_recent_entries {
        margin-top: 60px;
        margin-bottom: 60px;
    }

Delete that to fix the alignment.

The header element – do you have any Content added to the Header Elements text area ?
    There has to be some content for it to display, if you just want the background color then add a HTML Comment like so:

<!-- archive hero -->

Comments won’t display on the front end but will make the element display.

Anders

Thanks, yes the widget was wrongly targeted in my CSS so that fixed it, great!

The other problem remains. No matter what I do I see no change. I even added a bockground image but it did not display.

I added the comment as you suggested but no change

I also added this code, but no change
    <!– archive hero –>
    {{post_terms.taxonomy}}

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

There is a possible Header Element conflict, if you have multiple Header Elements that have overlapping Display Rules eg. one set to Entire Site and a second one set to a specific rule such as Post Category Archives then which ever one is published first will be displayed.

Would you mind providing me with temporary admin access so i can take a look?

Anders

ok, see below

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok so i can see the two missing header elements when i am Logged In. Which may be a caching issue. Do you have any cache plugins or server side caches enabled ? If so can you trying clearing them.

For archives – do not use: {{post_terms.taxonomy}}
    This is only for use on Single Posts. Instead use the {{post_title}}

Anders

OK, I will contact server support. Thanks a lot!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Let us know.

Anders

OK, they have replied. I have a cache plugin and I can clear cache and clear minfied css, but that didn’t help in this case. I tried to deactivate my cache plugin but that didn’t help either.

Their answer roughly translated:

“Have no idea why this is happening. We don’t have server side cache. I can however see that the css looks different on the “live” page compared to “admin” page. On the live page the row is read with the class “page-title” and the admin page with the class “page-hero” Are you changing the css directly?”

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

One thing i didn’t check – in the Header Element Display Rules, can you check that NO Users rules are set?

Anders

oh dear! I didn’t think about that. I had it on “admin”. Great, it works now-thanks and merry Christmas!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I should have checked ๐Ÿ™‚
    Glad to be of help and Merry Christmas to you!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.