[Resolved] Header Element

Home Forums Support Header Element

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Carsten

Sure, here it is:

user: generatepress
    password: LPP@WItTZR1qXPVhKeWHhsyW

Please note: My header has a top bar which I do not want.
    I have deleted the back button widget in the Top Bar, but it recreates itself again, really strange.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m now seeing this on the link provided without the login field:

Can you double check?

Carsten

That’s correct, it’s just a working page, now I have changed the redirection to the default BP landing page, which is just a login/logout page. You should be able to navigate from there. I think the reason why the navigation was not there was that both background and text were set to white

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So what should I be clicking to see the actual site?

Carsten

I believe my header should be the same through out the site, but to get a better impression go to domain/forside.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok so this is the current state right?

Try this method to turn them into offcanvas navigation:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/off-canvas-panel-overview/#use-off-canvas-menu-only

Carsten

Was about to begin to follow you suggested method, when I receive these errors in the customizer

Notice: Undefined index: path in /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-customize-manager.php on line 1965

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-customize-manager.php:1965) in /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1281

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-customize-manager.php:1965) in /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1284

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Have you tried disabling all plugins to eliminate any conflicts?

Carsten

Hi there I have deactivated all plugins, and located the issue to the latest BuddyPress Version 5.1.2. With BP activated this error code appears, but only with ‘WP_DEBUG’, true)

I dont know if these errors means anything, but BuddyPress is used by +200.000 users, so maybe it would be worth checking.

BuddyPress has not been updated recently, so I dont know what is suddenly causing this. Here are the error messages and the corresponding code which it is referring to:

Notice: Undefined index: path in /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-customize-manager.php on line 1965

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-customize-manager.php:1965) in /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1281

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-customize-manager.php:1965) in /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1284

Referring code:

/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1281 Line 1284

/**
    		 * Filters the X-Redirect-By header.
    		 * Allows applications to identify themselves when they're doing a redirect.
    		 * @since 5.1.0
    		 * @param string $x_redirect_by The application doing the redirect.
    		 * @param int    $status        Status code to use.
    		 * @param string $location      The path to redirect to.
    		 */
    		$x_redirect_by = apply_filters( 'x_redirect_by', $x_redirect_by, $status, $location );
    		if ( is_string( $x_redirect_by ) ) {

Line 1281			header( "X-Redirect-By: $x_redirect_by" );

}

Line 1284		header( "Location: $location", true, $status );

return true;
    	}
    endif;

public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-customize-manager.php on line 1965

/**
    	 * Add customize state query params to a given URL if preview is allowed.
    	 * @since 4.7.0
    	 * @see wp_redirect()
    	 * @see WP_Customize_Manager::get_allowed_url()
    	 * @param string $url URL.
    	 * @return string URL.
    	 */
    	public function add_state_query_params( $url ) {
    		$parsed_original_url = wp_parse_url( $url );
    		$is_allowed          = false;
    		foreach ( $this->get_allowed_urls() as $allowed_url ) {
    			$parsed_allowed_url = wp_parse_url( $allowed_url );
    			$is_allowed         = (
    				$parsed_allowed_url['scheme'] === $parsed_original_url['scheme']
    				&&
    				$parsed_allowed_url['host'] === $parsed_original_url['host']
    				&&

Line 1965				0 === strpos( $parsed_original_url['path'], $parsed_allowed_url['path'] )

);
    			if ( $is_allowed ) {
    				break;
    			}
    		}

if ( $is_allowed ) {
    			$query_params = array(
    				'customize_changeset_uuid' => $this->changeset_uuid(),
    			);
    			if ( ! $this->is_theme_active() ) {
    				$query_params['customize_theme'] = $this->get_stylesheet();
    			}
    			if ( $this->messenger_channel ) {
    				$query_params['customize_messenger_channel'] = $this->messenger_channel;
    			}
    			$url = add_query_arg( $query_params, $url );
    		}

return $url;
    	}

Thanks
    Carsten

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Have you checked with BP’s support?

Carsten

No, but I almost know there is no help here. BP is an open-source project, and even though its made by thousands of contributors, the support is almost non exisisting, as nobody is taking responcebility.

But never mind, the errors are only there in debug mode, I just thought that the code could give you a clue to what is wrong, as line 1281 and line 1284 concerns the header

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry I’m still seeing the issue and not able to login.

Also can you please remind me again what’s the current issue and where we are at?

I’ve lost track as we’ve been off topic for awhile now.

Thanks 🙂

Carsten

Understandable that you lost track, so I did myself ,-). I will work on my header with the advices I already got, and in accordance to my goal for a header design, and get back to you with the issues I’m facing, thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂 Please open a new topic for the new issues so it’s less confusing.

Thanks!

Carsten

Okay, I want to have a mobile (burger) menu on both desktop, and mobile, which I earlier had achieved by setting the breakpoint to 2000.

Your recommendation is to keep mobile and desktop separated, so I changed the breakpoint back. My question is what I do now?

That case I would keep mobile and desktop separated.

That desktop header shouldn’t be too difficult to achieve.

Can you change the breakpoint back for now?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.