[Support request] Header Element for Product Categories

Home Forums Support [Support request] Header Element for Product Categories

Home Forums Support Header Element for Product Categories

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    troyw

Hi team,

Using your Elements, I am trying to create Headers for each of musical instruments in each category. For example, I want a Header image of guitars for all the products under the ‘Guitar’ Category. Using the Product Category Archive, I have selected ‘Guitars’ and I have then exempted this from the Global Header. This works for the main guitar category,but it does change the sub categories?
    Thanks

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’m not sure I fully understand what you mean.

To clarify: Are you trying to add a separate Header Element background image for the subcategories?

If so, you can add a Header Element for Subcategories as well. Subcategory also show up on the list of display rule locations which is treated separately from its parent.

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

troyw

Hey Elvin,
    Ah I see. So I can’t choose the parent Category and have it flow through to all the sub categories, I have to add them individually?
    Does this also mean I need to exclude these Subcategories from other headers?

Thanks

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ah I see. So I can’t choose the parent Category and have it flow through to all the sub categories, I have to add them individually?

Yes that’s correct.

Does this also mean I need to exclude these Subcategories from other headers?

If you want the parent categories and its subcategories to have the same Header Element then you can just add in the subcategories on the display rule location of the parent category’s Header element so you don’t have to create multiple header elements.

And yes you’ll have to exclude the subcategories to the other headers if there are any overlaps. (ex: display rule locations like “Entire Site”, “All Archives”, “All Pages”, etc) 🙂

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.