[Support request] Header element design not showing up.

Home Forums Support [Support request] Header element design not showing up.

Home Forums Support Header element design not showing up.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You have to navigate to the Endurance Page Cache’s plugin page and find something along the lines of purge cache or flush cache.

Might need to check with their support if you can’t figure out how to.

Michael

Hi, David. Can you tell me how to dump the “Endurance Page Cache” and how to disable it?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Its a Must Use Plugin that is installed by Blue Host. Before we go there, would you be willing to provide us with temporary admin access so we can investigate?

If so you can send the Login via the Account Issue form:

https://generatepress.com/contact/

Please add the URL for this topic to the form so we can track

Michael

Sent that stuff via Account Issue, as suggested.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Right – so your Customizer Settings are currently set to Save as Draft. Until they are published those changes won’t be visible on the front end.

In the header element i have add a HTML Comment so that will also be visible now.
    Once you publish the Customizer settings you should see the merged site header.

BTW you need to add some menu items to the Menu assigned to the primary nav.

Michael

Hi, David.

I’m able to see my home page image, now, but the logo isn’t showing up. I can see it when I’m customizing the layout, but it doesn’t show up when I visit the home page. Nor does anything show up when I simply preview the page…Not even the image.

I have Elementor Pro, which I like for many reasons, but mostly because I can my changes and layouts live as I work on them. That isn’t working at all with this new Elements system.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mike

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So i have published your Customizer settings, so you will now see the logo on the front end.
    I also added a Custom Menu Item to your menu so you can also see that being displayed.

Let me know.

Michael

Yep. I see that. Thank you, David. I’m sure I’ll be able to figure out how to change the treatment of the menu through tutorials, but the main issue——now that it seems I’m able to make progress——is the inability to work on the site with Elementor Pro.

My understanding is that Elementor and GeneratePress were quite synergistic, and certainly worked that way when I worked on my other site last year. That, as you can tell, is the only reason why a bonehead like me was able to build a website at all. Without that capability, I’m lost. Do you have any thoughts on why that might be?

When I started working on this thing, I was using another template that I found, and then I abandoned that for GeneratePress. Could what I did before be causing the issue? Would a possible fix be to completely dump the entire site and start over with GeneratePress?

I hope you can help.

Many thanks.

Mike

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Currently you have no Pages Published so the Home Page automatically shows the Recent Posts. Which is not a ‘real’ page and not editable. So Publish your Home Page and then in Dashboard > Settings > Reading select that page as the Homepage.

Then when you preview that page after editing with Elementor you will see your header element with the Elementor content.

Michael

Thanks, David.

I published the page but I don’t see anywhere in Dashboard > Settings > Reading that allows me to select any page at the homepage.

Mike

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I just added a Page called Blog. You will now see those settings. You can set the Blog page to display your Posts in the same settings

Michael

Nevermind. Missed it.

Michael

Sorry. It’s still not working, David. I would show you a screen shot but I don’t know how to add that to this response.

What I see at this link ( http://box2017.temp.domains/~accesty4/wp-admin/post.php?post=40&action=elementor) is the logo, followed by a black bar with “test menu item” in it. After that is the copy “Fashionable Wheelchair Accessories” followed by a widget box and then the footer with the copyright line in it. That’s it. The whole page is light gray and the left side has the Elementor widget panel.

There’s no page hero.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You need to make your Home Page published not Private. Then in Settings > Reading you can set that as your Home Page. Otherwise the Header Element won’t display as it’s display rules is set to the Front Page ( aka the Homepage in Settings > Reading )

Michael

Thanks, David.

That was it! I so appreciate you sticking with my boneheadedness on this. I’m very grateful. I’ll do my best not to bother you again.

Mike

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.