[Resolved] Header displays incorrectly when logged out

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Header displays incorrectly when logged out

Home Forums Support Header displays incorrectly when logged out

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John

Hi. My site’s header displays correctly in the customizer and when I view the website while I am logged into the site. But when I’m logged out, the header displays incorrectly… it loses its background formatting (background color header height are wrong). The sticky header displays correctly though. The header displays correctly on mobile as well. The headlines on posts differ between logged-in and logged-out as well. The problem only shows up on a logged-out desktop browser. There is only one caching system in place and I have been flushing that cache, as well as the CDN, in between tests. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi John,

It seems one or some of the plugins are adding some CSS to the front end.

Can you try disable all plugins except GP premium to test?

If it works, try enable the plugins one by one to identify which one is causing the issue.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

John

Hi Ying,

Thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestion with the plugins, but that made no difference. In the source code I kept seeing references to the previous theme that I used, so I figured it HAS to be some sort of caching issue. I had been clearing the cache between tests, but the problem persisted. Then I started digging deeper into caching and any left-overs from previous caching systems it used and I deleted all those cache folders. I even deleted the old theme it was referring to. Then a final clearing of all possible caches. Problem solved! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks again for looking into this.

John

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

When seeing different styles between front end and customizer, it most likely would be a cache issue.

Glad you find the solution, good job!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.