[Support request] Header Customisation

Home Forums Support [Support request] Header Customisation

Home Forums Support Header Customisation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Laurie

Hello,
    I am still trying to find my way around WordPress and your theme (getting there!), for some reason I have noticed that my header is not as it was!! (I know it’s me, I’ve no doubt done something, but I have spent considerable time looking for the setting/ conflict to no avail!).
    In my header section, I had set my main menu to be “Top” above website title but it now seems to be in line, (and now I cannot find the settings I used to achieve this, also have noticed that the Tag Line is no longer showing, I have tried ticking/ unticking the option in customization but does not do anything. I also find that not all the customization settings/ Font size/ spacing etc. for each PC/ Tablet/ Mobile breakpoints seem to be having any effect?

As mentioned, I know it will be my fault but I would appreciate some guidance!

May I also apologize for grouping together several issues but they are all customization issues, please forgive me.

Many thanks for your help
    Best regards

Laurie

Laurie

Hello again,

I have found what I had been looking for relating to the menu now being in line with the site title.
    The setting was in Customising/ Layout/ Header – “Use navigation as Header” this also disabled the “Tag Line”.
    I am however still having problems with the customization of the different breakpoints (PC/ Tablet/ Mobile) when I try and make alterations to the mobile menu and header, – when I click to select the mobile view and make changes, the changes I make do not change the mobile view but do however change the tablet and PC view?
    I have the same problem when trying to set the header in the mobile view in the header section (Customising/ Layout/ Header) when the mobile view is selected it makes no changes to the mobile view.

I would appreciate any guidance,

Thank you again

Best regards

Laurie

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Mobile ( and Tablet ) options only apply to those Settings that have a small mobile icon aside of them.

What is the layout your trying to achieve for mobile ?

Laurie

Hello David,
    Thank you for getting back to me, I am trying to style the mobile menu so the height is reduced, the menu Icon is right-aligned and larger and the site title font is smaller!
    (pretty much everything)!
    If I use the “menu as header” option it looks OK in the mobile, but that then changes the layout in the other breakpoints.

Sorry for the poor description, but I have only been using WordPress for less than a week!

Many thanks again for your help,

Best regards

Laurie

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Laurie,

Have you tried our Mobile Header option?: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/mobile-header/

It’s basically the Navigation as Header option, but on mobile only.

Let me know 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.