[Support request] Header and Sticky Nav Jumps in when scrolling down screen

Home Forums Support [Support request] Header and Sticky Nav Jumps in when scrolling down screen

Home Forums Support Header and Sticky Nav Jumps in when scrolling down screen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Richard

Hi again Tom
    Thank you for your prompt and concise help on my previous queries.

I’m running Elementor with GP premium.

My primary navigation is set to sticky the transition down the screen is very abrupt and seems as if its catching up with the rest of the page content due to a lag. I hope I’ve adequately explained the issue. If I turn the sticky Nav option off, the transition is smooth.

I’d be grateful for any advice you may have.

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Hard to tell without seeing the issue live.

Can you provide a link to your site? You can edit the original post and use the private URL field.

Richard

Good afternoon Leo

Thanks for your ealrier reply I did send over a link but not heardabck yet.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ahh sorry. We don’t get a notification when a link is added. Only when you comment in the thread again.

Are you referring to the search bar in the content showing through the sticky navigation?

If so can you contact Elementor first?

Everything else looks good to me.

John

I’m having the same problem, any solutions to it yet?

I can actually make you a video if you want.

Thanks,

GeneratePress 2.0.2
    GP Premium 1.5.6

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm it didn’t look like a problem on GP’s end. We haven’t received other reports on this.

Can you open a new topic and link us to your site?

John

That’s what this post is about though.

Yes, I will open another one and send a link and video to you.
    Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks 🙂

John

I’ve finally gotten time to get back to this issue, which still remains to this day. I have over 300 installs of GP and almost all of them are doing it. I finally determined what is probably causing it. I see that it stops when disabling the search button in the menu.Not that this is a solution, just a patch for anyone encountering this problem.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

do you have an install that has the Nav Search enabled that has this issue? Be good if we could find out what is causing it.

John

https://newbeginningslandscapes.com
    This is an older install but I haven’t had time to deal with the page header changes where you guys moved it from being on the page to being in page headers area. If I remember correctly, we have to do the update then manually copy over all the settings or you lose the settings per page so I haven’t had time to do all these yet.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am not sure if i am seeing the ‘issue’
    The only difference the Nav Search would implement is the hidden div for the search field which i couldn’t see how this would affect the slide in animation.

What may be an underlying issue is the use of Parallax backgrounds and animations. All of these require JS and force continuous re-rendering of the viewport in the browser which can cause a ‘laggy’ experience and interfere with other JS scripts such as the sticky nav.

John

I made you a video showing what it’s doing. It’s only happening in FireFox. Maybe it’s only doing it on MY firefox, and if so, then we can just drop it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5oifcab4xetztra/Jumpy-Sticky.wmv?dl=0

John

Actually, it’s doing it on this one too but this one isn’t using a search button on the sticky menu and it’s doing it in Chrome too. https://trycleanmaid.com/?access=site (the access=site is to give you access, the site is still coming soon)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, not seeing it there in my Chrome – version 79.0.3945.79.

What version are you using?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.