Header Alignment & Element Padding

Home Forums Support Header Alignment & Element Padding

Home Forums Support Header Alignment & Element Padding

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    shantel

Header
    I was wondering if you could fix the header to when the “float right” navigation is selected, the “header-widget” is automatically hidden instead of having to go into customizer and remove content from the widget area just to remove the widget period?

Also, the same goes for the header alignment to the center or right. When doing so the header-widget still shows in the header.

One more thing when the theme is in mobile mode, the header-widget element is above the logo and site title. This is fine, but what if I would like the header-widget element to be below the logo instead?

Element padding
    Can the element padding left & right be changed to % instead of px? Right now, if you make the padding left & right “0”, the elements will not have any padding (space) in mobile view.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. Interesting – I wouldn’t do this by default as people might be angry that their widget disappears – or maybe this would be preferable? I don’t know.. It’s definitely doable with the following CSS:

.nav-float-right .header-widget,
    .header-aligned-center .header-widget,
    .header-aligned-right .header-widget {
          display: none;
    }

2. This topic may help to move the header widget below the logo: http://generatepress.com/forums/topic/is-it-possible-to-make-header-widget-display-below-logo-on-narrow-screens/

3. You can with your custom CSS, you can also applied padding to the element on mobile only:

@media screen and (max-width: 768px) {
          .inside-header {
                padding-left: 20px;
                padding-right: 20px;
          }
    }
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.