[Resolved] having trouble making full width header

Home Forums Support [Resolved] having trouble making full width header

Home Forums Support having trouble making full width header

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Braden

For some reason the my chosen header is not displaying at full width on my page. I am using the header module and have all the parameters set to full width but can’t seem to get it to display that way on the chosen page. I must be making a wrong selection somewhere but the image I am using is plenty wide to display at full width.

Basically I can’t get the header to display full width on one of my pages. Thanks for your help.
    Braden

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The header (House of Stone) is showing full width already on About page.

Looks like the header has been disabled on Home and Contact pages. You are using Top Bar and navigation only on those pages.

Let me know if this helps.

Braden

If you look on the about page I am using an image that is 1600 x 800 px but it is still being cropped even though I have the page container set to full width. I don’t get it. The home page is showing a full width image and I want the same on the about page as well. Thanks for your help but I have all the settings set to full width and can’t figure out how to stretch the image across the screen like the home page.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

How are you setting the page to full width? I thought the topic was referencing the header width and not the content width.

I see the container being set at 1366px here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/container-layout-overview/

Have you tried using this? https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-builder-container/

Braden

But my home page is full width and I don’t see any difference between these two pages. Why is 1366 being applied to this page but not the home page. I just want my “page-header” that I built in the page header module to stretch the full width of the page and the container to be full width on this page. Why is the home page and the about page different in terms of how the containers are working. I still don’t get it.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

First, you aren’t using a page header on the About page like you are on Home page. That’s a featured image.

Second, looks like you are using Full Width in page builder container on home page and default on the About page:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-builder-container/

Braden

both about and home pages are using the page builder header module the same way I don’t see the difference. No matter what settings I use on the About page the image is always contained. Could you please please walk me through this to get a full width image:) Thank you.

Braden

figured it out finally. I have to have content for the settings to take effect. Solved.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you figured out!

Sorry I missed that 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.