[Support request] Having issues with my imported blog roll

Home Forums Support [Support request] Having issues with my imported blog roll

Home Forums Support Having issues with my imported blog roll

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Trish

Having imported pages and posts from a blog into this site and now the blog roll looks weird in that it is displaying my logo twice and I cannot figure out how to fix this.

Have sent you a screen print, the URL in question and the login in an email yesterday. For privacy reasons, I have not included that information here.

Thought it was the imported blog page that was causing this issue, so I deleted it, created a new one… and darned if the logo did show up TWICE again.

What the heck is: <div class="page-header-image grid-container grid-parent generate-page-header">...</div> anyway? That shouldn’t even be there… should it? The site the posts came from had NOTHING between the nav bar and the blog roll, so I don’t get this.

Am at my wits end trying to figure this out. Tried to Disable Elements one at a time, but that did NOT do anything for me. Am at a loss.

Thank you in advance,
    Trish

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you go to Appearance > Elements and click on Legacy page header.

Do you see anything added in there?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/moving-hooks-page-headers-to-elements/

Trish

This got me nowhere… 🙁

Wish there was an option here to supply a screen print. All I see are choice… to make from a dropdown list.

I have not got 47 minutes to check through your video training to see WHAT could be causing this. My time is limited, as I did mention in my email.

Thanks for trying.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can use a service like this for screenshot:
    https://postimages.org/

Just to make sure, you don’t see the legacy page header at all?

Trish

Did you sign in and setup what was needed?

Now I can clearly see “Blog Page Header” that was NOT there earlier. And, if you read my email, you would know that I can take a screen print. Your text box here should provide a means of adding an image, which many forums now do.

Anyway…
    Clicked on the “Blog Page Header” option and after checking through the left-hand sidebar of
    1.) Image
    2.) Content
    3.) Background Video
    4.) Advanced
    I chose to “Merge with site header” under “Advanced” and then clicked “Update”.

But STILL no change.

Can we stop playing cat and mouse now and you just tell me how to fix this… plllllleeeeeaase?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Did you sign in and setup what was needed?

Sorry sign in to what?

And, if you read my email, you would know that I can take a screen print.

I don’t see an e-mail from you anywhere. Let’s keep the conversation here first.

If you need to upload screenshots, just upload it to this site and copy and paste the direct links here:
    https://postimages.org/

Can you delete that blog page header first? I don’t think you need it.

Also make sure you clear your caching plugin everytime you make a change or simply disable it while you are developing the site.

Can we stop playing cat and mouse now and you just tell me how to fix this… plllllleeeeeaase?

I’m really trying to help – but sometimes it takes a few back and forth to debug weird issues like this.

Thanks for your patience.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.