[Resolved] Having a problem with menu bar links

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Having a problem with menu bar links

Home Forums Support Having a problem with menu bar links

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sean

Hello, I am struggling with the menu bar links. I have the navigation menu set up with Home, Books by Genre, Series, and Authors as the top level buttons. If I hover over a top level button, the sub-menu opens below, which is good. If I click on a sub-menu that does not have another sub-menu, it goes to the right information. However, if I click on an upper level button, it goes to a page than says “Nothing Found”.

I would like some of those top level links to go to custom pages, but I can’t find a way to direct them there. I’d also like the option to make the top level buttons not be links.

Aside from GeneratePress Pro, I am using a plugin called MyBookTable, which helps display information about books, authors, etc.

Thanks in advance.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

try changing the Parent Menu item to a Custom Link and setting the specific URL you want to go to.

Sean

Hi David, I am on the page Appearance > Menus > Menu Structure > Top Menu
    I can click and drag menu items from the left over to the right and arrange them, and I see an option to use a custom link.

But how do I turn off the ability to link for something that I want to just be a drop down item (Like the main button, “Books by Genre”)?
    Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Same again – you would use a Custom Link and just leave the URL empty or use #

Sean

Hi David, that did the trick, thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.