[Resolved] Having a difficult time setting up the Merch theme with a centered logo

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Having a difficult time setting up the Merch theme with a centered logo

Home Forums Support Having a difficult time setting up the Merch theme with a centered logo

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rami

Hello

Just recently started using GeneratePress. It looks great so far and I have a lot to learn.

I’ve followed your tutorial for centering my logo in the navigation in your docs, but the logo doesn’t center for some reason. There is a break in the menu, and it looks like this: https://ibb.co/12XMT5f

Could you offer some suggestions? Feels like I’m super close, but it just doesn’t happen.

Using the latest versions of everything and working on a dev server. I started with the Merch theme and I’ve compared my install to the Split theme and it looks like mine should work.

Any help you provide would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

is it the vertical alignment you’re concerned about ?
    If so look for this CSS and add the Top Property i have included with comment:

.site-branding,
    .site-logo {
        position: absolute;
        left: 50%;
        -webkit-transform: translateX(-50%);
        transform: translateX(-50%);
        z-index: 200;
        top: -10px; /* Include this line */
    }

-10px will move the logo up – adjust that accordingly.

If its horizontal issue then share a link to your site so i can take a look.

Rami

Thank you for the quick response David. That wasn’t quite the issue I was worried about, but it needed to be fixed too.

I’m trying to fix the horizontal positioning of the split menu since half of it doesn’t appear on the right side.

I’ll put some changes into production so you can see it.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try adding this CSS:

@media(min-width: 769px) {
        #primary-menu {
            flex: 1;
        }
    }
    Rami

Beautiful!!! Aww man, you rock. Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.