[Resolved] Have only headings of blog posts showing.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Have only headings of blog posts showing.

Home Forums Support Have only headings of blog posts showing.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Wayne

My Generate Press website has the normal setup of a website with pages as well as a blog. Without having to have the inconvenience of having to change every.single.blog post changed (it is a lot of work), am trying to establish that when the main blog link on my website is clicked, visitors will see only the heading of each blog post and not the excerpt, preview or summary with a read more link. How can I change this to only show the headings of each blog post. Is this even possible?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

theres a few options for doing this.
    To consider the best method for you – can i see your current site ?

Wayne

Sure, as I still had the ‘under construction’ page up to block public access to it, I have now disabled it. My website is wvviv.com. I have also hidden parts of my blog that are private. Looking forward to your wisdom. Once the blog link is clicked, all the titles of each blog posts are shown as well as a ‘preview’ of the first paragraph or so of the text that is on the actual page and a ‘read more’. I do not like the fact that it shows a preview as I now have to pay for a plugin that will both hide and lock my private content just because of this.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you go to customizer > layout > blog and uncheck everything under the archive tab and leave the excerpt word count and read more label fields blank?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/F0pfdHZ7SZQ

Let me know 🙂

Wayne

Hi Ying

I did as you advised. The problem got solved except that it resulted in huge gaps in-between each header for each blog post. Tried to attach a screen shot to show you but being the donkey I am could not even figure out how to show you what it looked like. I have subsequently re-enabled all the checkboxes except the ‘read more label’ and the ‘word count’ I left blank. I do not mind all of these checkboxes but at least the problem has been resolved in terms of the whole paragraph ‘preview’. Thanks for helping. 谢谢你! Much appreciated! 🙂

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

不客气,很开心能帮你 :)

Go to Customizing > Layout > Container, reduce the Content Padding (bottom), let me know if that works.

Wayne

I got a double bonus today. Wow! Looks much better. 非常感谢。 没有你的帮助我该怎么办?

Wayne

One more thing and then I will leave my wonderful Support Team alone. On my main blog link at https://wvviv.com/blog/, how can I move or increase the space between the left hand side margin so the blog headers can move more towards the center. There is now all this white space in the center.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can reduce the Container Width in Customizer > Layout > Container – this will apply to the entire site.

Or you can use a Layout > Element and adjust is Content Width on specified pages:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

Wayne

Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.