[Resolved] Hard time with Cumulative layout shift score

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Hard time with Cumulative layout shift score

Home Forums Support Hard time with Cumulative layout shift score

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hemant

Hello Team,

Hope you are doing great..

Can someone please help me to debug the cumulative layout shift? It’s not that my page is heavy.. I am struggling even with the about us page… it only has texts.

Here’s the link: https://fatlossplanner.com/about/

Any help to reduce the cumulative layout shift on this page is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Hemant S

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can disable all plugins including SG optimizer and any caching plugins except GP Premium so we can have a cleaner look first?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Hemant

Ok so I have disabled all the caching plugin and only Yoast and redirection plugin is active.. cant disable those as redirection has corrected quite a few invalid url’s. Is it because of the secondary menu by any chance?

So I disabled the secondary menu and checked… the score still remains the same.

I turning on WP showpost as front page looks ugly.

Update:
    So even after disabling all the plugins the cumulative score is hovering around 0.32.. pls help πŸ™

Update:

All the plugins are disabled except WpShowpost, I tried disabling that but still no luck.

I re-enabled it because the site was looking ugly, at the moment I have only GP Premium & Showpost active, please help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i just ran a Page Speed Test on the site, and under Lab Data the CLS is shown as 0.
    The 0.32 is coming from origin data – so thats what Google was seeing before – whereas Lab is the current result.

If you want to re-enable your other plugins etc. then let me know so i can retest.

Hemant

Hi David,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I just enabled all the plugins.

Could you please check if everything is ok at the CLS score side ?

Really need to improve this mate.

Regards,
    Hemant S

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I ran another test and the CLS is still 0 in the lab data. Also checked on browser dev tools and did not see any issues either. Over time as more users visit the site google will collect field data and you should see the field/origin data update reflect the 0 CLS.

Hemant

Excellent David

Have a great day ahead.. It looks like other pages too have been corrected.. Thanks for the help..

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.