[Resolved] Hamburger menu – possible with drop down that also displaces content?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Hamburger menu – possible with drop down that also displaces content?

Home Forums Support Hamburger menu – possible with drop down that also displaces content?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alf

Hi there,

I am currently using the off canvas menu, overlay style on my site. Is there a way I could achieve a look similar to the Site library – “Grill” theme, where pushing the hamburger icon opens up a drop-down and also displaces the content down? I´d like the hamburger to be visible at all screen widths.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
    Alf

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You would need to disable the Off-Canvas panel in that case, as Grill is using the standard mobile menu.

Then you can just adjust the Mobile Breakpoint option in Customize > Layout > Primary Navigation to something high for it to appear on desktop.

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Alf

Great that works! Only thing is it seems the controller of the menu item height (currently at 65px) now also adjusts the size of the site logo. Is there a way to reduce menu item height independently? Ideally, I´d like the items a bit closer.
    It seems that for adjusting sub-menu item height (now at 4px) works fine without impacting logo.

Thanks again!

Alf

Think I might found a way by setting the a constant logo size by adding this css:

navigation-branding img,
    .site-logo.mobile-header-logo img {
    height: 65px;
    }

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/resizing-the-logo-on-landing-page/

Seems to work on my pc and mobile!

Best,
    Alf

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s the best way to do it. Glad it’s all working! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.