[Resolved] Had to disable Generate Press

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Had to disable Generate Press

Home Forums Support Had to disable Generate Press

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Dave

Hi,

I’m having some sort of problem with the following domain. It was working but started giving me a blank page today.

I suspect it’s a plugin conflict, but when I disable GP Premium Plugin, it fixed the site. Here is the site:

https://www.vistaconsulting.net/

Not sure where to go from here.

Plugins I’m using are:

GP 1.2.96
    Akismet 3.3.1
    Backupbuddy 7.2.1.2
    Gravity Forms 2.2.2
    Gravity Forms Stripe Add-On 2.3
    Postman SMTP 1.7.2

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dave Ellison

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Dave,

Can you try disabling all non-GP plugins and activate them one by one to see if you can find a culprit?

Thanks!

Dave

Hi Leo,

I disabled all the plugins and then reactivated GP Premium. It killed the site again.

So now, all the plugins on the site are disabled including GP Premium and the site is back. Of course the forms don’t work.

Not sure where to go from here.

Dave ~

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Dave,

Hmm – anything happen before this started happening? I assume GP Premium was activated just fine previously? Are you not able to get into your Dashboard at all with it activated?

Dave

No, that’s whats so strange. I just happened to go to the site and it was completely blank. I then went to login and everything was there. But nothing would display until I deactivated GP Premium.

You’re welcome to look at the site from inside if you want. I have it backed up on another domain. Worse case, is that I’ll have to wipe the installation tomorrow and rebuild. Fortunately, it’s a small site but it’s important because that how I accept credit card payments.

Just let me know, I may decide to chalk it up to ‘one of those things’. Rebuilding might actually be more expedient, becasue I have doubts about what happened.

Thanks,

Dave ~

If you want to look I’ll send you admin credentials –

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sure, you can send me details.

You can also try tracking down which add-on is causing it if you have admin access. Simply deactivate each add-on one by one in “Appearance > GeneratePress” until the site comes back.

Dave

Credentials:

I’ve only built 2 site with GP. Fortunately this is only a 6 page site and I can rebuild tomorrow as I have it in the same state on another test domain. So if anything gets messed up, it won’t matter. I appreciate you taking a look at it, but you’ve got a personal life, so give a shot and let me know.

This will be a interesting learning experience at least.

Thanks,

Dave ~

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You had a broken script in your wp_head hook. All fixed ๐Ÿ™‚

Dave

You have got to be kidding me!

I know what it is, I inserted the GA script in there a few days ago, but it didn’t appear to break the site.

Was there an extranious character or something? Thank you so much Tom. You’re awesome!!!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It was missing the closing </script> tag.

Glad I could help! ๐Ÿ™‚

Dave

Thanks. Looked at the backup that I made and it was indeed missing that closing tag. Once again, I appreciate all your help.

Closing this ticket now.

Dave ~

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.