[Resolved] Gutenberg editor ignores colors from Customizer in tablet and smartphone view

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Gutenberg editor ignores colors from Customizer in tablet and smartphone view

Home Forums Support Gutenberg editor ignores colors from Customizer in tablet and smartphone view

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Thorsten

Hello,

I have a problem I cannot fix by myself. I am using WordPress 6.0.1 (but the error occurs with 5.9.3, too) and the current versions from GeneratePress and GenerateBlocks (both as Pro/Plus).

In Customizer I am setup colors and it works as expected. I see my chosen background color, if I view my site. In the desktop view of Gutenberg it looks the same, but if i switch into tablet or smartphone view the background is ignored and sill be shown in standard white. I’ve tried to set up the color in the body and content section of colors in Customizer. Nothings helps.

To illustrate the issues I have prepared 2 screenshots. The first one shows Gutenberg in Desktop view:

This 2nd on Gutenberg in tablet view:

Any ideas how to fix that?
    Thorsten

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Thorsten,

The white background is actually added by WP using inline style.

Can you try this snippet? Replace the #171717 with your color code。

add_filter( 'block_editor_settings_all', function( $editor_settings ) {
    	$css = 'body{background-color: #171717;}';

$editor_settings['styles'][] = array( 'css' => $css );

return $editor_settings;
    } ); 
    Thorsten

Hi Ying,

that doesn’t work for for me, but after reading your answer I take a look into the web inspector and solved the problem with a simple

html :where(.editor-styles-wrapper){
    	background-color: var(--contrast) !important;
    }

in my custom css. With the :where pseudo class this rule applies only in Gutenberg, I think 😉

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hum..the CSS doesn’t work for me, but anyway glad it works for you 🙂

Thorsten

But should work. The selector is the same Gutenberg use by itself. Do you have the contrast color set to another color than white?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Oh, do you mean you add the CSS into the PHP snippet?

If that’s the case, the CSS should work.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.