[Resolved] Gutenberg Color Palette Missing Colors After GP and Generate Blocks Updates

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Gutenberg Color Palette Missing Colors After GP and Generate Blocks Updates

Home Forums Support Gutenberg Color Palette Missing Colors After GP and Generate Blocks Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Brian

I updated Generate Press and Generate Blocks yesterday, and today when I opened up one of my posts to do some editing, I found that the Gutenberg text color palette is missing most of the colors. Is this related to the update?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

are you using all the Latest versions of GP, GP Premium, GB and GB Pro ( if owned ) ?

Brian

Yes as far as I know. I first noticed the symptom after I updated them. The website they’re registered for is https://huppbrian.us

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Brian

Sure. I’ve got the screenshot. How do I attach the file.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You can just share the link to the image you uploaded to one of those services.

GeneratePress now adds the palette you build in “Customize > Colors” using Global Colors.

Where was the previous palette (that’s now missing) coming from?

Brian

Sorry Leo. Got in a hurry and didn’t read your full post. Here’s the link to the screenshot.
    https://postimg.cc/5X4VcqRH
    Tom, If I highlight text in a text block and then click text color the Gutenberg color picker pops up. Clicking one of those colors used to generate something like this in the post HTML…
    <span class=”has-inline-color has-vivid-cyan-blue-color”>My highlighted text.</span>
    I can still manually paste these tags into the post by editing as HTML, so I have a workaround, but it’s “sub-optimal.”

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry still not sure if I understand the issue.

Are you referring to the tool bar on the right being missing?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/cXeDFhxt

Brian

Hi Leo,
    See the color picker box near the bottom of the screenshot? That color picker used to actually have some colors to choose from.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you referring to your screenshot or my screenshot?

Do you get the same issue when using a Twenty series WP theme?

Those blocks are WP core blocks.

Brian

Hi Leo, I was referring to my screenshot, but the same symptom appears in both color pickers since the latest GP update. The update and my first notice of the symptom could certainly be coincidental. I don’t think so since GP just changed the way color palettes are handled. I haven’t tried this with any of the twenty series themes because this is my live site. I hate to mangle the live site even temporarily just to test. I am willing to though at some point if absolutely necessary. I’m concerned that some of the custom CSS I’ve added through GP’s customizer will be lost if I switch to a twenty something theme and then switch back. I could always back that up to a local txt file and then restore it if necessary after the test if needs must.

I’m also concerned that such a test might be invalid. If I switch to a twenty something theme and the symptom still occurs that doesn’t necessarily vindicate GP since I wouldn’t be doing so from an older version of GP that I was using before the update and before the symptom first manifested itself.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Brian,

Are you referring to this color palette?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/LaB1Nd7FD7

If so, yes, GP 3.1 changed the palette because it introduced the global colors feature to the theme.

Here’re the color code(left to right, top to bottom), you can add any colors to the new color palette at customizer > colors by yourself:
    #000000, #abb8c3, #ffffff, #f78da7, #cf2e2e, #ff6900
    #fcb900, #7bdcb5, #00d084, #8ed1fc, #0693e3, #9b51e0

Let me know if you need further assistance ๐Ÿ™‚

Brian

Thanks, Ying. Yes that looks like it used to. Will add these colors and close the topic if all works for me.

Brian

Yep. That did it. Thanks, Ying. Sorry for the confusion identifying exactly what my issue was, Leo.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem, it is difficult to describe the problem sometimes ๐Ÿ™‚

Glad it works, hope you’ll enjoy the new global color system!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.