[Resolved] Grid layout + text wrapping

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Grid layout + text wrapping

Home Forums Support Grid layout + text wrapping

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David

Hi,

I would like to know that how can I create grid layout like on your homepage?

grid layout

Another problem is with text wrapping, see picture:
    text wrapping

Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Those columns were built with this free plugin we built: https://wordpress.org/plugins/lightweight-grid-columns/

As for the text wrapper – that’s happening because there’s no spaces between your text. Is that going to be normal for you website, or will you be adding spaces between words?

David

Hi,

thank you for your answer. Your plugin is compatible up to: 4.2.5, will there be any problems if I use it with 4.3.x? Or I should better wait for an update.

And yes, I am planning to add spaces between words :). The page I mentioned was only test site.

David

I have an another problem: columns are not horizontally alligned (see attached pictures)

wrong aligment

Admin settings:
    admin settings

I am using GP Premium.

Thanks.

Adrian

I can’t see the pictures.

If you mean the text is not centered, just select the text from the editor ( between the shortcode tags ) and select to center it ( the same way you do in Microsoft Word ).

To have 3 grids of 1/3 size, you have to add 3 grids each 33%. You can set the size for mobile and tablet, I recommend 100% for both in some cases, but you can go 50% tablet 100% mobile.

The grids float, so if you set a single 33% grid you will have to use custom CSS on it to make it stay in the middle, otherwise it will align itself to the left.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The plugin is compatible with the latest version – I have the update that tag.

As for the problem, make sure each column is separated by a paragraph (an empty line) as shown on the FAQ page: https://wordpress.org/plugins/lightweight-grid-columns/faq/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.