[Resolved] Grand-parents are visible in the menu but there's no linlage

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Grand-parents are visible in the menu but there's no linlage

Home Forums Support Grand-parents are visible in the menu but there's no linlage

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JP

Hello
    Hello,
    I’m using GPP, like it but I’m trying to get it working like I’m used the WP-menu structure to work.
    I have one page, like “cars” I can see it in the menu and can open it.

When I add pages under it, children, (Like “trucks” and “vans”) these pages will be visible but the page I started with, parent “cars” is no longer linked to. When I add a grandchild (cars/trucks/4×4) I can see all pages in the menu but the only one I can navigate to and read now are the grandchildren, pages that have no offspring so to say.

Using the same WP-version but a theme like twentysixteen makes them all visible. Actually I switched themes to 2016 and the menu does work as expected. I ditched the beta version of GPP and reverted to the last update but that has no avail.

Do you have any clue on what to do?

Thanks!
    JP

BTW: I might have to use 2016 for demonstration purposes but I’ll try to get GP-theme during US/CDN office hours,

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

This only happens when your Navigation Dropdown option is set to “Click – Menu Item”:

That makes it so your parent item with children only opens its children.

If you change it to “Hover” or “Click – Arrow”, the parent item remains click-able.

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

JP

Thanks, that solved it!

But it took me a lot of time, so, just in case somebody has the same issue: Go to /layout/main navigation (or whatever it’s called, depends on language) and then navigation/dropdown.

Happy camper here!

Note: I checked “notify me” but I found the mail in the spam folder. :/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help! Sorry I wasn’t more specific about where to find the option.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.