[Resolved] Gradient behind entire menu bar

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Gradient behind entire menu bar

Home Forums Support Gradient behind entire menu bar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    NBC

I’ve created a 1200-px-wide PNG gradient and used it as the background for my copyright footer. Originally, I used a 72-px square filled with the gradient and scaled it across the width of the copyright footer. No problem.

But when I tried to use the same gradient behind the navigation bar, I couldn’t scale the width.

So I replaced it with the 1200-px-wide version. Copyright footer is fine.

But none of the navigation-background image options place the gradient behind the entire width of the menu bar. There’s no scaling option; just repeats.

Any way to scale a gradient across the entire width of the primary nav bar?

NBC

I’m guessing the act of swapping out one size of the image for another using the Enable Media Replace plug-in “behind the back” of the Customizer made the Customizer unable to sense the change in width.

In other words, never mind. I’m good.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

Any way to scale a gradient across the entire width of the primary nav bar?

You’ll need custom CSS.

I’m guessing the act of swapping out one size of the image for another using the Enable Media Replace plug-in “behind the back” of the Customizer made the Customizer unable to sense the change in width.

Not exactly sure if that’s the case as I’ve not checked the site to check for clues. But if the mentioned plugin is adding its own custom CSS then it makes sense that it overrides what the customizer does because it may be preceding the customizer’s CSS settings.

In other words, never mind. I’m good.

Let us know if you need further help. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.