[Resolved] GPP 2 alpha – Reusable blocks support

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GPP 2 alpha – Reusable blocks support

Home Forums Support GPP 2 alpha – Reusable blocks support

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by George.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    George

I have a post author block that I am using in two block elements and I want to add it as a reusable block but when I add it and check the reusable block, I get an error.

View post on imgur.com

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i am not able to replicate the issue.
    I tried converting one of Block Elements to a re-usable Block, then added it to a new Block element and it works ok. What steps did you follow?

With the current issues surrounding reusable blocks i could see this causing issues.

George

Try adding a GPP 2 dynamic element to a block element and convert that to a reusable block. Then go and check the reusable block. You will see the error.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK so from the Manage All Reusable Blocks list – editing a dynamic block does throw the error. Which is understandable as the Dynamic Data only exists in the Block Element. Not sure theres much that can be done about that… i have passed to Tom.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, interesting. The dynamic aspects of these blocks are only available when in the GP Elements post type – not the reusable blocks post type.

Making it available in the reusable blocks post type would definitely open a can of worms. Will have to think on this.

George

Hope you sort something out, Tom, thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.