[Resolved] GPP 2.0 strange bug with content template

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GPP 2.0 strange bug with content template

Home Forums Support GPP 2.0 strange bug with content template

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by David.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    George

When setting up a content template for a category page, there seem to be duplicated content. The template displays duplicated posts one with the default content template layout I initially imported and one with the updated one that I designed after modifying the original template. Very strange. I attach a video.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if the Two Content Templates have the same Display Rules then yes you will get duplicated content.
    Choices:

1. Ensure that each Block Element Content Template have different Display Rules.
    This will allow you to have one type of post layout for your Blog and a separate layout for your Category Archives for example.

OR

2. You can use a Parent Block to mix and match different templates.

a. Create the Global Template and set the Apply to: All Posts. Set the Display Rules for Blog and all your Archives.
    2. Create a Category Specific Template and set the Apply to: Posts with Term ( select your taxonomy ). Below this you will see an option to Select: Parent Element. Change this to the Global Template. In doing so it will remove the Display Rules from this element – as it will use the ones set in the Global Template… but you won’t have to think about exclusions anymore.

What this will do is apply your category specific template to only the posts with those terms, and all other posts will display the global template.
    You can add as many term specific templates and assign them to the same Parent.

George

It was my mistake, I had a duplicate block Element. But I am gonna have to play a bit more with the Parent Element templates, I still find it a bit confusing inside the UI.

Thanks, David!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problems 🙂 Yeah have a play with the Parent item – its rather cool – it allows you to add multiple templates to your blog archive

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.